As part of our Autonomous Driving practice, Appraid is looking for a Senior Specialist Cyber Security Engineer for Automated and connected vehicles with an analytical mindset and System thinking with a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies and build a cybersecurity portfolio towards business growth.
- Lead the cybersecurity team and collaborate with system, software, and testing engineers on Threat Analysis and Risk Assessment (TARA) and cybersecurity concept and design.
- Serving as the primary customer interface to present cybersecurity programs and initiatives in the automotive domain.
- Ensuring the development of secure and cutting-edge autonomous vehicle (AV) technologies with security-by-design and defense-in-depth principles.
- Driving cross-functional teams to consolidate detailed requirements and architecture specifications for cybersecurity implementation.
- Developing cybersecurity strategies for the development process and projects, supporting customer interactions, technical design reviews, and business proposals related to cybersecurity aspects.
- Leading Cybersecurity team and provide guidance and work together with System, software and testing engineers on Threat Analysis and Risk Assessment (TARA) and cybersecurity concept and design.
- Acting as the lead customer interface to present Cybersecurity programs across the AD practice
- Developing secure, cutting-edge AV technologies by ensuring that driving systems were developed with security-by-design and defense-in-depth in mind.
- Driving cross-functional teams to consolidate detailed requirements and architecture specifications.
- Developing Cybersecurity strategies for the development process and projects.
- Supporting the customer interaction, technical design reviews and business proposals on Cybersecurity aspects.
- Leading Design approaches for automating Cybersecurity Functional testing and FUZZ testing in the emerging field of automotive cybersecurity
- Managing System, Component and Software Cybersecurity requirements
- Building security architecture, secure implementation, and verification for security tasks
- Developing of cyber security technologies for use in vehicle Electrical / Electronics (E/E) architectures such as transport layer security in vehicle networks
- Leading the definition of future strategies, identification of new requirements and, definition of innovative concepts
- Supporting the development & review of security concepts and architectures for ECUs and applications for Autonomous Driving
- Supporting the team with the security reviews of the work products per ISO/SAE 21434
- B.Sc. in Communication, Mechatronics, Electronics, or Computer Engineering.
5+ years of experience in software development.
- Strong hands-on experience in Automotive Cybersecurity (e.g., ISO/SAE 21434, IEC 62443, SAE 3061)
- Requirements/Configuration management
- knowledge of business drivers and strategies in the area of Automotive Cybersecurity
- Experience in the Automotive domain, preferably in AD/ADAS projects
- Experience or knowledge in AUTOSAR Cyber Security module configuration and integration
- Experience in Secure Diagnostics and Secure debugging
- In-depth understanding of embedded Penetration Testing, various sniffing, and spoofing tools, embedded hacking tools, and generation of embedded attack vectors
- Experience in communication protocols like CAN, CAN-FD, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, and UART etc.
- Experience in diagnostics, Over the Software Updates
- Ability to work independently to solve complex technical issues using a structured approach and identify areas for improvement.
- Able to work with other teams to ensure a seamless and robust implementation.
- Good knowledge of software engineering (requirement, design, development, verification, and validation)
- Adaptive AUTOSAR is a strong plus.
- System knowledge – ASIL B, C, or D system
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity best practices, secure development requirements
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity analysis tools like Medini or similar tools
- Knowledge of security analysis and threat management process models required.
- Experience in embedded SW components, firewall concepts, and IT security standards (ISO 21434) required.
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools (e.g., DOORS, code Beamer, JAMA)
What's great in the job?
- Joining a community of brilliant engineering minds.
- Expand your knowledge of various domains.
- Great mentorship process and professional development.
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast-evolving company
What We Offer
Appraid Tech is a community of brilliant engineers, designed, developed, and built with innovation at the core. Being an agile company with an embedded philosophy of continuous development ensures great progression for your career ladder, while actively learning and meeting friends across the journey.
We offer a fun and flexible work environment, where you get to enjoy our famous office breakfast, retreats, lifestyle support, and a very special circle of colleagues that become friends. We offer an opportunity for a successful career progression with an open-door policy that will get you to mingle and learn directly from our technical directors and management.
We have activities organized all year long, from fruit days to movie days, kids days, and a very special end-of-year event. You will always feel part of a community that is serving a bigger purpose of a safer innovative future.
Flexible Hours with an
Attractive salary package.
Access to training, certificates, and great mentorship.
Becoming a part of an innovative community and colleagues that you will call friends.
Eat & Drink
Fruit, coffee, snacks, and an awesome all-time favorite breakfast.